About Me

My photo
Byzantine Catholic convert, wife, mother to eight children.

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Nesting

Another late night....another blog. Everyone says that you lose sleep after the baby is born, but it is my experience that once the baby is out I sleep much better with he/she by my side rather than in my side...squashing my ribs.

I have been nesting for the past week now. At least I've been trying. Various pregnancy problems and home schooling the other kids has slowed me down a bit. We cleaned out the shop today so Russel can move all his music equipment and books out there. Then I can have the back room for a baby room! I haven't had a dedicated baby room since baby #1.

Nesting is such a primal feeling. It's like something just takes over and makes you clean and prepare. It is the only time that I actually get out the (old) toothbrush and clean all those forgotten corners out. I just got myself a new steam cleaner, but have not tried it out yet. I can' t wait to see what I can accomplish with that hummer! Maybe if I send everyone to bed with ear plugs I could burn the midnight oil cleaning!

Well, by the time I lay down, get comfortable, and fall asleep again, my two year old will come in and wake me up. I really feel that I must give it a go however. Only six more hours before I need to wake up and get everyone ready for Sunday school and Liturgy. Offer it up, Rach, offer it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment